|Tsuchinoko||Anime||Manga||Festival (Costume)||Pavilion (Gen 2)||KF3||Nexon Game||Stage Play||Gallery|
|This creature is an example of an UMA, with sightings all over Japan. It is characterized by having a torso wider than normal snakes, being able to jump somewhere between 2 and 10 meters, liking sake... et cetera. It is a "wanted animal" with bounties in all sorts of places, but will the day come where it is actually found?
"Bachihebi, Nozuchi, Tsuchikorobi, Tsuchinoko, I've been called many names. I know. But, y'know, call me whatever you want. Was I real? Well, don't stare at me like that. Wait, is that sake you've got there? Really now... Bah, if you insist. I'll keep you company for one cup."
How to Encounter
Tsuchinoko is infamous for being difficult to encounter and remaining that way ever since release. Rateup items are practically required to spawn her at all, and most of these have only moderately high spawn rates for Tsuchinoko herself. However, this difficulty is mitigated in comparison to newer, rarer friends due to a fair amount of her rateups being craftable.
As it stands, the UMA Boat in the Waterfront area seems to have the highest spawn rate. The Garbage Can can be also used in that area's land slots to supplement it, along with being craftable. The Pile of Rocks is a good way of spawning her (possibly with her unique behavior) outside the Waterfront, along with the aforementioned UMA Boat.
The Desert update added the craftable Pyramid, and is a very worthwhile craft for the player when they first unlock the area.
- しっぽをふる (Tail Wag) - Peers out from behind the Pile of Rocks/Small Pile of Rocks, wagging her tail back and forth.
- ??? (???) - Super Unique Behavior, with Sand Cat on the Treasure Ruins.
|Line 1||ん？なんだ？||Hmm? What is it?|
|Line 2||あー，ここらに何もねーか。||Ah, there's nothing here.|
|Line 4||気付かれねーようにしねーと。||I don't like attention.|
|Line 5||むこうも探してみるか。||Let's also look over there.|
|Halloween 2018||あー、トリック・オア・トリートだな。||Ah, It's a Trick or Treat.|
|Hmm ... Merry Christmas.|
Human's...... That one? Other people, too much noise.
|New Year's Day 2018-2019||あー、おめでとう。ところで、お年玉って知ってるか？||Ah, happy New Year. By the way do you know a otoshidama?|
- Tsuchinoko was announced to be appearing in Pavilion in a Tweet posted on September 23rd, 2017.
- On 6/1/18, Tsuchinoko was given a drastic spawn rate increase across all playthings and areas for 24 hours as a special event. There was also an Event Challenge centred around encountering for set numbers of times.
- Her description was given a minor change on 8/21/19; the 3-dot ellipsis was changed to 6 dots.