S2E02: Panda and Panda
|Episode 2 - Panda and Panda|
Beyond Memories is the second episode of the second season of the Kemono Friends anime series. The episode features Azua Park, an area with bamboo forests and high mountains.
Kyururu, Serval, and Caracal discuss Kyururu's drawing skills and past drawings he has done of the park pre-amnesia. They arrive at Azua Park in their quest to find Kyururu's house, but are interested in finding a playground that might be in the area, based off the information provided by one of Kyururu's past drawings.
They come across the very sleepy Giant Panda, who provides them with directions, but falls asleep. They soon meet Red Panda after that, who is insecure about being helpful compared to Giant Panda but tries to help anyway. The trio asks Red Panda about Kyururu's home, which leads to them discussing just what a home is, as it means slightly different things to Friends then it does to humans. The trio and Red Panda find themselves lost as Red Panda didn't actually have any clue where they were going.
After Kyururu assures Red Panda that they're not sad about the turn of events, it turns out that Red Panda did lead them to the playground but the equipment was broken and unrecognizable compared to the picture. The trio and Red Panda fix the slide and swings. The Friends try the playground for the first time. Giant Panda later joins them, showing a preference for the tire swing. Celliens suddenly attack the playground. Incensed that Celliens would interrupt their play time, Giant Panda shows an unexpected amount of initiative, taking out all the Celliens before falling asleep.
After the experience, Kyururu remembers having fun at the playground in the past. Giant Panda and Red Panda see Kyururu, Serval, and Caracal off at Japari Line. The pandas inform the trio that other Friends were looking for a human. When asked if it was Kyururu they were looking for, the pandas say no, but that they might cross paths with those Friends in the future. Abruptly, the Japari Line sets off for Marine Life Park.
Back where Kyururu, Serval, and Caracal started from, Giant Armadillo and Giant Pangolin are still on their way, now with Eastern Spot-Billed Duck.
- Kyururu, Serval and Caracal arrive at Azua Park in their quest to find Kyururu's home.
- Giant Panda and Red Panda try, in their own ways, to help Kyururu, Serval, and Caracal find a playground in the bamboo forest depicted in one of Kyururu's drawings
- Celliens attack the playground. Giant Panda gets angry as a result and wipes them all out before getting tired and falling asleep.
- Before leaving, Kyururu remembers playing at the playground in the past. Giant Panda and Red Panda mention there were some friends looking for a different human and there was a chance they'd meet soon.
- Kyururu, Serval, and Caracal depart for Marine Life Park.
- Giant Armadillo and Giant Pangolin continue their journey with guidance from Eastern Spot-Billed Duck.